Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services’ Physiotherapists use a physical approach to promote, maintain and restore human functions and movement. They conservatively treat injury and disease by correcting and improving the body’s natural healing mechanisms without the use of medication, unless prescribed by a doctor.
Our fully registered Physiotherapists offer treatments and support directly in your home. They provide a thorough assessment from head-to-toe to ensure all impairments are noted and successfully treated. Their intricate knowledge of the body and how it works are combined with specialized hands-on clinical skills to diagnose and treat impairments. They aim to restore proper body functions and restore and maintain functional independence. In the case of permanent disease or injury, their aim is to reduce the impact of any dysfunction while focusing on pain management and energy conservation to ensure an optimal quality of life is achieved for the patient.
Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services offers a Physiotherapy Program to patients at any age with a wide range of abilities to help rehabilitate to their maximum functional potential. Rehabilitation needs range from acute injuries to the management of chronic conditions encompassing musculoskeletal, neuromuscular and cardiopulmonary conditions.
Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services’ Physiotherapy Program offers services including but not limited to:
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of injuries and physical disabilities
- Exercise prescription to increase strength and joint range of motion
- Manual therapy techniques to help reduce pain and joint stiffness
- Application of therapeutic modalities to assist with and encourage tissue healing
- Chest physiotherapy
- Gait re-training after neurological or musculoskeletal insult
- Prosthetic gait re-training and client/family education for donning/doffing
- Prescription of gait aids to reduce the risk of falls and to increase functional mobility
- Balance training to reduce the risk of falls
- Rehabilitation to patients with complex injuries sustained from motor vehicle accidents, acquired brain injuries and spinal cord injuries
- Patient and family education on how to manage current condition or prevent future injuries