Many individuals are afflicted with illnesses that cause shortness of breath, such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, or cancer. Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services offers a Respiratory Therapy Program to patients of all ages who have airway and/or breathing difficulties to enable them to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle in their own homes. In addition to this, Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services offers an Advanced Sleep Assessment and Sleep Studies to individuals with sleep-related difficulties.
Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services’ Respiratory Therapy Program offers services including but not limited to:
- Initiating and managing life support machines
- Ventilator and tracheotomy care training
- Patient and family self-management education on conditions such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, compromised heart function, emphysema and obstructive sleep apnea
- CPAP and BiPAP equipment prescription and training
- Advanced Sleep Assessment to study sleep patterns, sleep quality, breathing patterns and movements
- Assessing the need for home oxygen and determining the safest oxygen level for each patient in their home environment
Our Team helps manage ventilators and artificial airway devices for patients who have difficulty breathing on their own, as well as teach patients, their families, and caregivers to use ventilators and other life-support systems in the home.