Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services offers a Cardiopulmonary Program to patients of all ages diagnosed with heart and/or lung impairments. Such conditions include, but are not limited to patients living with congenital heart defects, transplants, cystic fibrosis, asthma, obesity, interstitial lung disease, sickle cell disease or those who are undergoing/have undergone open heart surgery, pulmonary surgery or transplant surgery.
Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services’ Cardiopulmonary Program utilizes the expertise of a cardiopulmonary physician and specially trained nurses and therapists to offer services including but not limited to:
- Medically supervised home exercise programs to increase patient endurance, strength, decrease fatigue and improve overall quality of life
- Management of shortness of breath, chest pain, fatigue, stress, depression and anxiety
- Pre-habilitation for patients with upcoming open heart or pulmonary surgery
- Rehabilitation following open heart or pulmonary surgery
- Heart or lung transplant pre-habilitation and rehabilitation
- Patient and family member education on healthy living
- Respiratory Therapist and Dietician involvement including patient and family education
Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services’ Cardiopulmonary Program will run for 6-8 weeks with 2-3 sessions per week, with each session running approximately 1.5-2.0 hours long. The patient will be re-assessed after the 8-month mark to determine if further rehabilitation is necessary.
Emirati Canadian Home Health Care Services strives to keep its patients on track with their healthcare goals by incorporating regular exercise into a patient’s lifestyle to promote optimal heart and lung health.